If you love traveling or work at a construction site, you clearly understand how valuable cargo capacity is in your truck. Hence, this raises the need to own a ladder rack. A ladder rack is a vehicle accessory that will increase your truck’s cargo capacity. Also, it will protect your vehicle from being damaged by the load being transported.
But not all ladder racks work as expected. With this in mind, we have prepared a list of Best Ladder Rack so that you wouldn’t waste your cash by investing in a substandard product.
Top 5 Picks:
- Heavy lumber and cumbersome steel in the back of your pick-up truck with this durable truck rack. The rack’s universal design fits both long and short bed pick-up trucks and can be installed "no-drill" or permanently for your convenience. The solid steel construction of this truck rack can withstand up to 1000 lb. making it ideal for any shop owner, home craftsman or contractor with a lot of equipment to haul!
- Fully max load: 1000 lbs.Easy to remove when not in use Heavy duty powder-coat paint resists rust Adjustable center brace for even load distribution
- Steel construction Multiple tie-down points for straps, bungees, and ropes Adjustable rack fits different sizes of beds Add more utility to your truck.
- Heavy duty all steel construction and The perfect carrier for ladders, lumber, piping, rebar, sports equipment and other long materials
- Arms adjusts from 19" to 34" to hold most ladder
- Keeps your truck bed wide open for hauling gear
- The X31 features a tested loading capacity of 800 lbs.It is powder coated in the color of black
- The rope hook on the side of all four uprights provides the security for tying the tools or loads
- There are FIVE drilling holes on the upright plate, which make X31 more compatible bolting on different sizes of bed margins.You could choose our C-Clamp (ASIN:B0789DDLBJ) for which No Drilling Required
- Racks can be adjusted to fit long-bed or short-bed trucks. Up to 1500lbs weight capacity evenly distributed.
- Manufactured from .120 wall 2” tubing. Glossy black finish.
- Gusseted corner for extra strength. Removable center and rear cross bars to handle extra tall loads.
- Set of 2 heavy duty steel adjustable truck ladder rack. This multi-functional rack is designed to haul bigger and longer items that the average pick-up truck bed cannot fit. It is perfect for ladders, lumber, pipes, pool equipment and much more.
- Very sturdy frame offers a weight capacity of 800 lbs. Very easy to install. Attaching longer items to a rack securely is much more convenient, and ensures the safety of your property without the worry of it falling out of your truck bed.
- Max Height: 30 inches plus the height of your truck's bed. Different size available to meet your need. Find out which size fit your truck best by measuring the distance between the truck bed and roof before purchase.
List of The Best Truck Ladder Racks Reviews:
10. Pro-Series HTCARG Cargo Truck Rack
If you are looking for a way to haul big things like lumber or pipes safely, the Pro-Series HTCARG Cargo Truck Rack has you covered. It features an easy set-up and removal process that will only take you minutes to finish. Its design lets it be drilled onto your pick up for secure and reliable installation. The product has a robust construction that enables it to hold loads of weight up to 500 pounds.
To ensure the rack is resistant to corrosion and scratches, it is has a heavy-duty powder coat finish. Last but not least, the rack is compatible with most truck models and makes since it has an adjustable width.
9. Smittybilt Contractors Rack
Looking for a product that exceeds all the harsh conditions set by the industry? Then, investing in this product would be the best choice you’ll ever make. The rack is put through rigorous testing under extreme conditions to guarantee top quality and reliability. To ensure a reliable installation, the rack has ropes to tie it down in every corner. You won’t be bothered by terrible cab noise since it has wind deflectors to eliminate them.
The installation of this product would be easy, and you won’t need any tools to do so. Due to this product’s heavy-duty construction, the rack can easily carry heavier loads without breaking.
8. AA-Racks Model X35-W 800 Pick-up Truck Rack
This products’ 4.5-star ratings speak volumes of the quality service it will offer. The AA-Racks X35-W 800 truck rack has commercial-grade steel that makes it withstand heavier loads with ease. Besides, the steel construction also makes this product long lasting. Seeing that the product has a Universal design, it would not matter the model of truck you own since it will fit all of them. To ensure that it doesn’t rust or get scratched, it features a powder-coated matte black finish.
Moreover, it has holes for inner and outer bed-rail drilling to assure a reliable and secure fit. Finally, it has an adjustable top to cater for larger loads.
7. AA-Racks Model X39 Ladder Rack
Compared to other basic truck rack style, this AA-Racks Model X39 Ladder Rack
Sports a superior unique design, which leads to it having improved strength. It comes with two one-piece handrails that are handy when one is getting on the truck. As long as you won’t mind drilling your truck, this unit is compatible with most truck types. To guarantee a long-lasting product, the rack is powder-coated with weather-resistant paint.
Furthermore, both its sidebars and over-cab extension have an adjustable length, thus providing a wide range of fitment. Last but not least, it has an adjustable top cross-bar, henceforth making it accommodate different sizes of loads.
6. ECOTRIC Utility Rack
If what makes you not invest in a ladder rack is its installation process, then you’ll fall head over hills when you get to own this product. This product is simple to install and remove when not in use. The rack’s heavy-duty construction is robust enough to transport loads of up to 1000 pounds. To assure its longevity, the rack has a heavy-duty powder coating paint that is resistant to corrosion. Its universal design allows to be used on both long and short bed pickups.
Also, no tools are required to install this rack. You’ll get a chance to customize the product since it has adjustable feet and legs. This will also make it possible to tailor it to fit long cargo. Lastly, point to note, during delivery, it comes in two packages, and they may not arrive at the same time; therefore, you should be patient and wait for the next delivery.
5. AA-Racks Model X31 Truck Ladder Rack
This racks heavy-duty construction makes it able to withstand weights of up to 800 pounds. Due to the product’s powder-coated finish, it won’t get easily scratched or affected by harsh weather conditions. It is compatible with different sizes of truck beds since it features fives drilling holes on its upright plate. Only simple tools are required to fit this product securely on your truck.
In addition, it comes with rope hooks on all its upright side to assist you in securely tying loads or tools to this rack. Unlike a one-barred design with only a single “T” bar, this rack sports a double-barred design with two “T” sleeve bars and a middle cross-section, thus making it more robust.
4. Thule Xsporter Pro Aluminum Truck Rack
The Thule Xsporter Pro Aluminum Truck Rack is a sturdy and durable car accessory. Despite having an aluminum construction, this rack is strong enough to hold weights of up to 450 pounds. But, this depends on whether it was installed correctly and if the weight of the load is distributed evenly. Its installation is simple and straightforward since it doesn’t require any drilling or cutting. Only limited assembly is required.
Furthermore, for secure installation to the truck, it comes with one-key lock cylinders. It has superior aerodynamics, which is brought by the Airstrip technology integrated into its design. Oversized loads will secure on this rack thanks to its tool-free load stops.
3. TracRac TracONE Universal Truck Rack
Just as its name suggests, the rack’s size can fit all types and models of trucks. It has a heavy-duty construction which enables it to transport loads of weight of up to 800 pounds. But, this is possible only if the load is distributed evenly on the rack. Due to the rack’s aluminum material, it can resist corrosion. It features a powder coat finish that protects the product from scratches.
This is the perfect rack to go if you do mind drilling into your truck. The product comes with clamps for fastening the rack on the track. Moreover, this makes its installation and removal easy.
2. ECOTRIC Extender Extension Rack
Are you looking for a way to transporting longer loads onto your pick up? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. We present you with the ECOTRIC Extender Extension Rack. It features heavy-duty steel construction, which enables it to transport loads of weight up to 750 pounds. Also, its steel construction is both sturdy and durable. It has an adjustable width and height, making it fit all your application needs.
To ensure the safety of other drivers, it includes a safety flag for attaching to the end of the load. Finally, to ensure it won’t get scratched or rust, it has a heavy-duty powder coat finish.
1. Apex ATR-RACK Ladder Rack
On the number one spot in our list is the Apex ATR-RACK Ladder Rack. The product is on this spot due to the unmatched quality it possesses. It features a universal design that allows its legs to be adjusted to fit most types and models of pickup trucks that are 66-1/2″ wide. Since it has a clamp-on design, no damage will happen to your truck during its installation and removal.
In addition, no tools are required when installing this product. Although its primary material is aluminum, the rack is robust enough to support loads of weights of up to 800 pounds. Besides, the aluminum also makes it both rust-resistant and lightweight.
After reading this review, you have realized these ladder racks come in different shapes and designs. But all of them perform the same purpose of increasing your truck’s cargo capacity. Hence before picking one, you should first establish your preferences and needs to make your decision a little easier.