Maintaining a conducive environment in your RV when traveling may be challenging, especially if the vehicle has poor ventilation. You may be asking yourself,” How will I overcome this situation?” Don’t worry this condition can easily be solved by an RV roof vent.
RV roof vents are devices that facilitated air circulation in your vehicle resulting in a cool and favorable environment in the RV To assist you in purchasing one that is both reliable and cost-effective, we’ve done extensive research and come up with a list of the 10 Best RV Vents. Hence, carefully read through the list to make an informed decision.
Top 5 Picks:
- Replaces Ventline, Jensen and Elixir vents
- Compatible with a 1-1/4" to 2-1/4" thick roof
- Seamless, one piece frame is leak resistant and weather tight
- ➊ The Camp'N Replacement RV Roof Vent Cover is compatable with most popular roof vents. Compatable with Ventline roof vents prior to 2008 and Elixir roof vents starting 1994. Please reference the images in the listing to make sure your vent is compatable with this replacement.
- ➋ Each Camp'N RV vent cover replacement measures 14" x 14"
- ➌ Our Highly Durable rv ceiling vent covers are manufactured with impact resistant plastics for longlife.
- KEEP COOL IN YOUR COMFORTABLE RV | Manual Ventilation System Delivers Powerful Cooling, Reliable Exhaust & Effective Moisture Control for Any RV, Camper, Motorhome or Similar Recreational Vehicle | Universal Design Requires 14” x 14” Sunroof Opening & Electric Hookup [Wiring & 12V Power Supply Included]
- 3-SPEED FAN WITH REVERSIBLE AIRFLOW | 10-Blade Skylight Fan Provides Perfect Air Circulation for All-Season Comfort & Relief | In/Out Exhaust Capability Allows You to Draw in & Circulate Fresh Air from Outside or Push Stale Air Outdoors, Lowering RV Temperature & Eliminating Foul Odors from Food, Smoke, Waste, Pets & More
- LONG-LASTING ALL-SEASON PERFORMANCE | A Ceiling Fan Vent Not Only Cools & Freshens Your Space During Steamy Summer Months | It Also Helps Eliminate Excess Moisture Caused by Breathing, Showering & Cooking–Especially in Winter | Low-Maintenance Fan & Durable Housing Clean Easy with Damp Cloth & Soap/Alcohol
- Lift mechanism provides a smooth operation and eliminates chatter; 14.25 inch x 14.25 inch rough opening
- The slide mechanism has more surface area contact
- Making the guide bar stronger and allowing better distribution of stress
- Protects your RV's interior from rain
- Constant airflow prevents heat build-up, lets musty air, smoke and cooking odors escape
- Proven, super tough one piece design
List of The Best RV Roof Vents Reviews:
10. Dometic Cap and Base Vent Kit
If you are looking to replace the old style vent on your RV, the Dometic Cap and Base Vent Kit is the product to go for. This product sports a high-quality material that assures its durability. Besides, the product will offer a reliable and dependable service due to the quality materials it possesses. It comes in a suitable size that enables it to fit roof cut-outs of size 24″ x 7″ or smaller. The mounting process of this roof vent cap is quite simple. With this product, you’ll enjoy a favorable environment in your RV, seeing that it allows smooth circulation of air and eliminates heat from the vehicle.
9. RV Motorhome Complete Universal Roof Vent Lid
With the RV Motorhome Complete Universal Roof Vent Lid, you wouldn’t have to worry about assembly it seeing that it comes fully assembled. This product is a perfect replacement cap for Jensen, Elixir, and Ventline vents. Thanks to this product’s positive-seal weatherstrip, you will not have to worry about the lid leaking in heavy rain. Also, due to its Injection-molded telescoping garnish, the lid is compatible with most RV roof thickness. It will protect you from harmful UV rays since it is UV resistant. As a result of having high-quality and durable materials the product will serve you for a long time. Last but not least, this lid not only allows smooth air circulation but also prevents insects from entering the RV.
8. HKH Industries RV Roof Vent Low Profile Metal Lid
The HKH Industries RV Roof Vent Low Profile Metal Lid is an affordable option in our list. By employing the use of a heavy-duty galvanized sheet metal in manufacturing the lid, the product is sturdy and durable. There is going to be an excellent supply of air in your trailer since it possesses a strong mesh screen. Besides, this screen is also efficient in keeping insects from entering the RV. Moreover, this product won’t be affected by corrosion or rust due to its galvanized material. It features a manual crank-style that effortlessly close and opens the lid. Lastly, it will protect your RV from the elements thanks to its positive-seal weather stripping.
7. Maxxair Vent Corp 00-04000K Maxxfan Plus Vent
Why go for manual vents while vents like the Maxxair Vent Corp Vents are electric and come at affordable prices. This product comes with remote control, which lets you control it with just a push of a button. Besides, if you happen to lose the remote, it has backup controls at the ceiling. Furthermore, with this remote, you can effortlessly control the air intake/exhaust, the thermostat, and the fan’s speed. Mounting this product would be simple, and it has a universal fit for all 14″ x 14″ RV roof openings. Although the Vent is electric, its lid requires manual opening.
6. Fan-Tastic Vent RV Roof Vent
Fan-Tastic Vent is well known for producing quality and reliable RV vents. MODEL 1200 is one of their best product so far. The product features a high-performance rotary fan that will be a fantastic ventilation solution. Besides, the fan has 3-speeds modes which are low, medium, and high. Despite the fan being so powerful, it is pleasantly quiet. It won’t strain the battery of your trailer, seeing that it is energy saving. Additionally, the vent sports a compact, durable and lightweight design that lets it seal tight when not in use. Finally, it has a manual dome that’s easy to lift.
5. Heng’s 71111-C1G1 Standard Mount Universal Vent
Looking for a vent that is compatible with most RVs? The Heng’s Standard Mount Universal Vent is the way to go. This product’s design allows it to withstand excess wind and harsh weather conditions. Thanks to its galvanized metal base, there will be secure mounting of the Vent. Also, this base’s galvanized material is resistant to all elements. To prevent leaking of the product, it sports a positive-seal weather stripping that is watertight. It has a universal design that enables it to fit 14″ x 14″ openings. The lid not only allows easy circulation of air but it also ensures bugs don’t enter your RV
4. Heng’s Industries Non-Powered RV Roof Vent
This is another great product form Heng’s Industries. It features high-quality materials that guarantee its durability. Due to the product’s unique wedge style lid design the product sports stylish appearance. The manual Vent fits all cut-outs with the dimensions 14 1/2″ X 14 ½”. Using this product would be quite simple since you only need to operate its crank handle to open and close it. Thanks to its galvanized base, the vent will have a secure fit on your vehicle. You will not be disturbed by bugs while in your trailer, seeing that it possess a meshed screen. The installation process of this product is simple and will only take you a few minutes to complete.
3. HENG’S RV CAMPER TRAILER UNIVERSAL WHITE ROOF VENT
Our runners up on the third position is an electric vent from Heng’s Industries. This product is perfect for replacing your existing Ventline and Elixir vents. It has a powerful 12V fan that will ensure your RV always has better circulation of air. Despite the fan being this powerful, it is exceptionally quiet when in use. By employing the use of strong galvanized steel roof flange, the product is sturdy thus won’t break. Bugs won’t disturb you while traveling, seeing that this product possesses a fine mesh screen. Lastly, it has a universal design, which makes it compatible with all RV roofs.
2. Ventline V2092SP-28 Birch White Ventadome
If you in for a cheap cooling solution for your RV, the Ventline Birch White Ventadome vent is the way to go. This product’s lift mechanism will not only offer smooth operation but also eliminates chatter. Operating this Vent would be simple since the slide mechanism has a large surface area. As a result of having a galvanized steel base, the Vent would have a secure mounting on your RV’s roof. Also, cleaning the Vent would be easy since the product has a snap-out screen that detaches. Unlike traditional L-shaped crank handles, this Vent has an easy-grip knob used in its operation. Finally, due to the lid’s aerodynamically wedge-shape, it has four times the strength of normal polypropylene covers.
1. Camco 40480 Roof Vent Kit
Are you looking for a vent to replace either your Jensen, Elixir, or Ventline vents? Then consider investing in the Camco Roof Vent Kit. The vent comes at an affordable price; hence you won’t need to break the bank to obtain it. It features universal compatibility with roofs of thickness 1-1/4 inch to 2-1/4″ inch. By employing the use of a seamless one-piece frame, the product ends up being both weathertight and leak-resistant. This product also has an easy installation process. With this product, you’ll never have to worry about being harmed by UV rays seeing that the lid’s material is UV resistant. Last but not least, a built-in screen is in place, which keeps insects out while allowing easy airflow.
After reading through this list, you have realized that RV vents can either be electric or manual. But, both of them perform the same function of ensuring there is a favorable and cool environment in your RV. Therefore, pick one knowing well that you will own a functional and dependable product.